Monday, August 11, 2008

Weekend eating in review

This weekend was especially fun and festive and I saw family and friends. I did not eat the best, but I tried. I know that I made conscious choices to say no to somethings.

For example:

>I worked at Rustica and I only had one danish, nothing else. No cookies or samples or anything. If you went to Rustica you would know this was a feat!


>I attended a lovely bridal shower that actually had a very healthy menu. The host was a former cook for Dayton's Downtown. They served Muddy Paws Cheesecake. I could not resist, it would not have been polite. I only took seconds on one of the salads, so I am proud of that!

> I went to Snuffy's Malt Shop with my parents and only had water. ONLY WATER! I think that is worthy of celebration!

>Husband and I were zonked on Saturday night, so we ordered pizza from Jakeeno's. I ordered a pizza with lots of vegetables, so that helps make it healthier...right?

>I did some walking in the park yesterday and some sleeping. While I was sleeping I didn't eat!


Looking into this week, I hope to get to the gym at least twice, and make my dinners and lunches.

The quest to abandon pop is going ok. I have craved caffeine, but not cherry pepsi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

last weekend joanie and i decided eating an ice cream cone instead of lunch is perfectly reasonable, so i'm not sure if you should listen to my comments any more.

mthep said...
This comment has been removed by the author.