Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I wish I had thought about this when I was at the gym.

I keep saving images and ideas and forgetting to save the actual link,
I owe someone credit for this piece.

My partner took me to the gym the other night and my heart just was not in it, I ended up walking for about 15 minutes, "stretching", and then sitting around. I also wandered and looked at bulletin boards and artwork pensively.

I had too much on my mind and I found that walking, which is my favorite exercise and the start to my routine, just was not distracting me or making me feel good. I just kept thinking more and sort of feeling like my thoughts would knock me over.

I got yer link right here!

I have never felt that way before. I did not turn to my Todd for help because I was glad he was busy exercising and I did not want to interupt.

Aside: Todd
hit the top of the cardio heart rate on the elliptical for the first time since this summer. This is a big deal for him! Snaps to Todd!

Todd has been working out 3 times a week with cardiac rehab staff since August and he is now on his own. I am very proud of him.

My goal is to get back to the gym this week and to "fake it until [I] make it", as a mentor once preached to me. If my thoughts overcome me, I will just walk slower or go and do some weight machines, or perhaps some actual stretches and deep breathing.

Meanwhile, my daily weighing for the study is going well. I do not enjoy it, but I do it and the cat helps me remember.

"Meeeeweigh yourself and give me a treat oooow!"

Last week and this week my weight has barely moved. It is down but stable, I am not sure why. I guess I have plateaued, but I really have not done a decent job of controlling my diet quality and I have not exercised that much.

Hmm.

No comments: