Monday, October 20, 2008

Product Review: Weight Watchers Smart Ones Santa Fe Chicken somethin' Somethin'


I used to get a non-diet version of this meal a lot when I was in college. Frankly, I could not tell a difference in taste, so that is something, right?

Todd and I pledged to bring our lunch to work this week (and hopefully more weeks), so I grabbed a couple of these in case I was too lazy to make my lunch (which I WAS on day1!). As a back-up plan this worked well and it was on sale for like $2.50 at Super Target.

I thought this was satisfying and maybe a little salty. It smelled of garlic while it cooked, to the delight of my office mates. I did not taste the garlic as much as I smelt it. I could easily make something similar at home and leave off the "cream sauce" and cheese. I might add some baked chicken too if I felt wild!

Tonight I will be making some pasta up and packaging it for the rest of the week. I got some ground turkey, spinch, broccli, green peppers and onions for that. Oh and garlic! Yum. I usually make pasta without meat, but it is just that meaty time of year.

C and K are back from India, I hope they will let me buy the bike and I hope that they will help encourage me to get to the gym too! I am way off on that goal.

1 comment:

Jeanelle and Jason said...

Ooh, maybe I'll try that one for work. I haven't had any "diet" frozen food in years b/c the thought of the taste disgusts me. I was staring at the Lean Cuisine section the other day for about 15 minutes but walked away with 20 grams of fat Stouffer's .... bad decision!